|1996||Teaching Fellow, Department of Philosophy, University of Tübingen (Summer Semester).|
|1997-98||Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Munich (Prof. Dieter Bremer). Research project: “Parmenides and the History of Greek Philosophy”.|
|1998-2003||Lecturer in Philosophy, Department of Classics and Philosophy, University of Cyprus.|
|2004-13||Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Department of Philosophy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (tenure since 2007).|
|2014-19||Associate Professor of Philosophy, Department of Philosophy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.|
|2019-21||Associate Professor of Philosophy, Department of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Athens|
|2022–||Professor of Philosophy, Department of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Athens|
|1989-91||Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft, Department of Philosophy, University of Tübingen (Prof. Hans Krämer).|
|1994-95||Graduate Assistant, Department of Philosophy, State University of New York at Stony Brook.|
|2003-11||Tutor for “Greek Philosophy and Science” at the Greek Open University.|
|2012-14||Tutor and Coordinator of the Module “Greek Philosophy and Science” at the Open University of Cyprus.|
|2007||Teaching Fellow, Department of Philosophy, University of Heidelberg (Summer Semester).|
|2015||Professor (Vertretungsprofessur) at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Lehrstuhl III für Antike Philosophie (Summer Semester).|
SUPERVISING AND EVALUATION
- Supervisor of the postdoctoral research program of Dr. M. Tatari on The end of art as a sphere of God’s revelation in Hegel (funded by IKY, 2008-09).
- Supervisor of the postdoctoral research program of Dr. M. Bartsidis on The transindividual approach within the Philosophy of Subjectivity (AUTh, 2014-18).
- Supervisor of three accomplished PhD dissertations:
- M. Chondrokoukis: “Daemon and Cosmos. The unity of Eschatology and Cosmology in the Poem of Empedocles”, AUTh 2020.
- I. Telios: “Post-Truth as Self-Deception. Theoretical Framework, Practical Strategies and Moral Consequences”, AUTh 2022 (funded by a scholarship from ELIDEK).
- E. Theodoroudi: “Theaetetus – Sophist – Statesman: Time and Dramaturgy in the Platonic Trilogy”, AUTh 2022 (funded by a scholarship from IKY).
- Supervisor of two PhD dissertations in progress:
- A. Dimopoulos: “Memory, Language and Historicity of Culture. A Philosophical Approach”, AUTh.
- I. Fafka: “The influence of the Eleatic tradition on the sophistic movement”, NKUA.
- Member of the dissertation committee and the examination committee of several doctoral dissertations in Greek universities. External Member (Miembro del Tribunal de Tesis Doctoral) for a dissertation at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (6/2/2015).
- Supervisor of sixteen completed MA dissertations at the Department of Philosophy, AUTh (2007-17; all students supervised by me have successfully accomplished their MA-studies).
- Supervisor of several diploma theses at the Department of Philosophy, AUTh, and at the Department of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Athens.
- Anonymous reader for the journals: Review of Metaphysics, Archiv für Geschichte der Philosophie, Zeitschrift für philosophische Forschung, Philologus, Rhizomata, Deucalion, Hypomnema, Ariadne etc.
- Evaluator for research proposals submitted to the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY), the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (ELIDEK) etc.
|2008-09||“The End of Art as a Sphere of God’s Revelation in Hegel”: Postdoctoral research project of Dr. M. Tatari at the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY).|
|2011-12||Research project funded by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, within the framework Supporting Research in the Humanities.
Funding amount: € 4.000; participation as Scientific Coordinator.
|2012-13||“Readings of Ancient Philosophy: The Case of Heidegger’s Aristotle-Interpretation”, funded by the Programme of the “Research Promotion Foundation” of Cyprus Attracting Researchers from Abroad (the project proposal was submitted by the Open University of Cyprus and evaluated as the best among 23 proposals).
Funding amount: € 49.780; participation as Principal Researcher (“Experienced Foreign Researcher”).
|2013-14||Action “Plato”: Production of the electronic lexicon Plato’s Encyclopedia, as part of the project Plato’s Academy – Development of Knowledge and Innovative Ideas, conducted by the “Foundation of the Hellenic World” (Scientific Coordinator: Prof. V. Kalfas).
Funding amount: € 147.200; participation as Member of the Editorial Board (responsible for the lemmata on Plato’s modern reception).
|2018-19||“The moral status of the child in Plato and Aristotle: Τhe transition from mere living (ζῆν) to living well (εὖ ζῆν)”, funded by the Programme Support of Young Scientists.
Funding amount: € 62.650; participation as Scientific Coordinator.
|2020-21||“Forms of truth in the Nicomachean Ethics: The concept of truth and the epistemic conditions of ethics”, funded by the Programme Support of Young Scientists II.
Funding amount: € 41.500; participation as Scientific Coordinator.
|2021-22||“Aristotelists – The collaborative corpus+ of Aristotle”, funded by the Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship, Innovation 2014-2020 (EPAnEK) and implemented at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Scientific Coordinator: Prof. V. Kalfas): https://aristotelistes.cti.gr/welcome/index_en.html.
Participation as Member of the Scientific Committee (responsible for the reception and influence of Aristotle on modern philosophy).
|2022-24||“Truth, Falsehood, Deception: Historical and Systematic Inquiries into Post-truth”, funded by the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation, 2nd Call for H.F.R.I.’s Research Projects to Support Faculty Members & Researchers.
Funding amount: € 144.792; participation as Scientific Coordinator.
|2023-25||“The Philosophy of Non-Being. On the History of Negative Ontology”, in cooperation with the Universities of Bonn and Patras, funded by the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (“Research Group Linkage Programme”).
Funding amount: € 55.000; participation as Co-leader of the project.